| This site allows current preferential parking permit account holders to request and print out one-day temporary permits online.
Before you proceed, please note the following:
For any questions, please contact:
- You must have an existing and active Residential Parking Permit account already set up with the City. This feature requires that you have a currently valid resident or visitor parking permit on file.
- EVENT DATE MUST BE AFTER TODAY’S DATE. Permits must be generated at least one day in advance.
- A maximum of 25 temporary permits per event day is allowed.
- A maximum of 300 total temporary permits per account is allowed every calendar year.
- All delinquent parking citations must be paid in full prior to requesting temporary permits.
- Permits will be generated in PDF format. In order to view/print, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download, please click here.
- Temporary permits generated by this website are free.
- Temporary permits are valid in preferential parking zones only, and cannot be used in City parking lots, structures, or beach lots.
- Effective October 1, 2013 temporary permits issued by the parking office cost $2 each.
City of Santa Monica
1717 4th Street, Suite 150, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone 310-458-8295, Fax 310-451-2420
To request and print out temporary permits, please enter the following information at least one day in advance of your event. All fields are REQUIRED. If you do not know your account number, please call or email our office.
Please note that your account number is specific to the address. If you have moved, you will need to contact the City to update your information.